Buffalo VA Medical Center Building 1 Cooler Design
The objective of this project was to renovate approximately 1,858 square feet of dietary coolers and freezers in Building 1 to bring them up to modern standards for insulation, sanitation, and workflow.
Unique Project Features
The dietary coolers have remained largely unchanged since their initial installation in 1949. The refrigeration equipment was last renovated in 1990 and is extremely inefficient by current standards. Mechanical and electrical systems also require upgrade.
Encorus Group Solution
Encorus is providing architectural and engineering design services in collaboration with kitchen design consultant Roth Consulting Group, Inc. The project includes schematic and detailed design services, bidding support services, and construction period services. All designs will follow applicable VA guidelines and specifications.
Specific Project Tasks
- Site surveys of existing equipment, systems and subsystems to determine condition, integrity, and compliance with current codes and standards
- Consultation with VA staff to establish Design Basis
- Analysis of existing loads on emergency power services and incorporation of emergency power into the design
- Determination of possible courses of action to resolve identified issues
- Development of detailed construction documents, specifications, cost estimates, and an associated execution plan (including temporary construction, infection control barriers, and phasing)