NYS OGS DEC Office Central Air Conditioning and Ventilation Design
This project is a task order related to Term Contract Number SB260. The scope encompasses design for a central, air cooled chiller and replacement of the Packaged Terminal Air Conditioning (PTAC) units with fan coil units.
Unique Project Features
The three-story building was constructed in 1970 and contains office space. Following an energy audit in compliance with EO88, it was determined that the PTAC units, windows, and ceiling insulation did not provide adequate temperature control or air barriers. Therefore, it was recommended that the PTAC units be replaced with a fan coil and centralized water chiller system.
Encorus Group Solution
Encorus staff performed the appropriate calculations to determine appropriate sizing and configuration for new equipment, and provided a design for the same. The design included a centralized Building Management System and asbestos abatement of tile and mastic, and was phased to minimize disruption to building operations.
Specific Project Tasks
- Design and calculations to determine appropriate sizing and configuration for new equipment
- Design and calculations to assist in the reconditioning of selected existing equipment
- Design for a centralized Building Management System (BMS) for HVAC control, with individual temperature control for all occupied spaces
- Design for asbestos abatement of tile and mastic
- Preparation of drawings, specifications, and cost estimates
- Evaluation of alternative scenarios
- Phased design to minimize disruption to building operations
- Construction period services